Tuesday 16 August 2011

NOTD - Pulsating and Peacock.


Pink: Rimmel's 60 second polish in Pulsating (£3.69/12ml)
Blue: 17's Fast Finish in Peacock (£2.99/8ml)

I wish these colours showed up properly! They're amazing in real life and they just look a bit lifeless here. They're both really bright and really metallic, and the pink is lots darker and more purple that it looks here, with a slight blue tinge in the sun. I googled it but there aren't any accurate pictures!

Peacock is nice formula-wise, it's thick enough to get full opacity in one heavy coat but I usually do it in two thinner coats and this is thick enough. For a metallic polish it's good for not getting brush strokes in it, but I have found that it tends to form bubbles on the nail. You have to work fast too: they aren't kidding around when they say it's fast finish! It'll dry on the brush if you're not careful, and if you try to go over the first coat while it's only semi-dry you'll end up dragging it halfway across the nail. However despite this it's definitely worth it - it's one of my favourite colours when it's on! The wear isn't that great - it tends to peel - but this is remedied with a top coat.

Pulsating is the perfect formula, on the other hand! I might have to investigate Rimmel more, because it's seriously impressed me. The brush is perfect because it's so wide and flat it picks up the right amount of polish and you can paint the whole nail in one brush stroke. It takes 2-3 coats to get perfectly opaque, and it doesn't really dry in 60 seconds but you can apply the second and third coats over when it's semi-dry so it's still very fast application. And the colour is phenomenal - see the link below! It wears quite well and doesn't seem to chip as much as the average polish.

I did this using sellotape to get a nice crisp line - painted the pink on, then a coat of Seche Vite, then waited, then taped half off, blue, Seche Vite over the whole nail. That makes it sound really easy, but in reality it wasn't; I had to re-do my left index finger approximately 84584578 times because it was refusing point blank to go right. Then my little finger smudged. Then my perfect, perfect thumb smudged. So I thought 'sod it', and painted it on freehand instead. If you fancy struggling to have a go at this too, check out Chloe's Nails - she is the queen of tape manis, and although she's not posting at the minute (nobody knows where she's gone, it's like she's vanished!) she has hundreds of old posts you can nosey through - they are seriously impressive and I guarantee you will get in a sulk when you see her nail polish collection.

Thanks for reading, you lovely people, it's really quite pathetic how grateful I am!
Over and out.

Update: I've found a more accurate photo! It's still brighter than this but it shows a lot better what they look like, and incidentally, it's also a great blog too. Click here to see the shimmeriness!

4 comments:

  1. Those look amazing!!! I'm going to attempt ladybird nails once i get some red polish...the face that i only have long nails on one hand is irrelevant :P I can have looong and short dumpy ladybugs :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) They're so much better in real life, the colour is incredible! I've updated it so you can see a bit better what it looks like :) Short dumpy ladybirds are better than long ones anyway! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really cool, I'm going to try it later xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely recommend visiting this link and looking at it before you give it a go: she explains it a lot better than I do :)
    http://chloesnails.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-my-french-funky-french-and-other.html

    ReplyDelete

Hellooo, be nice please :)