Tuesday 16 August 2011

Goodbye horrible hair, hello nice colour!

Finally, my hair is a nice colour! Want to see the before and after?



Bad, isn't it? But I'm seriously so much happier with it now! I used Clairol Nice n Easy in shade 103B, Medium Champagne Blonde, bought in my haul here.
Here's the story behind my horrible hair. Once upon a time, I would dye my hair blonder because it's so much nicer than my natural mousy brown. Then one day I decided 'you know what? I'm going to start being nice to my hair again' so I picked up a box of dye that looked close to my natural colour, with the logic that dying it natural again would mean not getting roots. However, this hair dye came out very dark. Very, very dark. Nearly black. I was very upset and was all ready to fire off a very angry email to Clairol about 'misleading images' and 'duping customers'. But I relaxed a little after reading that brown hair dye usually starts off too dark and then fades very quickly. So, I settled into a routine of washing my hair in very hot water with head and shoulders to get rid of it as quick as possible.
Soon enough, the colour had faded quite considerably and I looked pretty much back to my old colour. Roots were growing through and they were barely noticeable: I was happy. However, the bits which has previously been bleached kept getting lighter, and I was eventually left with mousy roots and yellowy ends from the blonde mixed with remnants of the warm brown dye. Yummy. (However, it wasn't quite as bad as it looks in the first photo, that was unbrushed and unwashed hair, bear that in mind before you judge me!)
So now, a few months later, I have decided to dye it again. It's now a nice ashy dark blonde, and I am very happy with it.
And they all lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hellooo, be nice please :)